There are many different types of angiomas. An angioma is a benign tumor that consists of small blood vessels. These tumors can be located anywhere on the body. Some of the different types include: spider angiomas, cherry angiomas, and senile angiomas.
· We do not know the cause of most types of angiomas.
· Angiomas are not dangerous or contagious.
· Angiomas do not need to be treated unless they bleed or are bothering you.
· Angiomas can be treated with electrodesiccation. This is done in the doctors office. It consists of touching the skin with an electric needle and destroying the blood vessels that make up the tumor.
· Angiomas can also be treated with liquid nitrogen therapy. Liquid nitrogen is a cold, liquefied gas that is sprayed on the skin with a spray gun. This works by freezing and destroying the tumor of blood vessels.
· Both types of treatment usually result in a good cosmetic result.
· Angiomas sometimes recur after treatment.