paige m. Venables, PA-C
Peninsula Orthopaedic Associates, Salisbury, MD, December 2017-December 2018
- Board Certified Physician Assistant
- Worked closely with 14 orthopaedic surgeons and 14 physician assistants
- Trained primarily under Dr. Adam Mandel, D.O.
- Surgical first assist for foot and ankle cases including triple arthodesis, ORIF, hardware removal, fusion, ankle arthroscopy as well as total hip and knee arthroplasty and orthopaedic trauma cases
- First call responsibility for orthopaedic consultations in the emergency department as well as inpatient orthopaedic consultations at Peninsula Regional Medical Center (PRMC)
- Preoperative and postoperative management of inpatients at PRMC
- Saw up to thirty patients per day in an outpatient setting
Alderson Broaddus University, Philippi, West Virginia, August 2017
Master of Science in Physician Assistant Studies, 3.98 GPA
Honors: Pi Alpha Honor Society
University of Richmond, Richmond, Virginia, May 2014
Bachelor of Science in Psychology, cum laude
NCAA Division I collegiate athlete
Honors: Three-time recipient of the Atlantic 10 Scholar Athlete Award
Omicron Delta Kappa Honor Society
Golden Key Honor Society
Family Medicine: WV University Healthcare, Ranson, WV 8/22/16-9/1616
Emergency Medicine: Jefferson Memorial Hospital, Ranson, WV 9/19/16-10/12/16
Orthopedics: Martinsburg VA Medical Center, Martinsburg, WV 10/17/16-11/11/16
Psychiatry: Winchester Community Mental Health Center, Winchester, VA 11/14/17-12/14/17
Women’s Health: Nanticoke Women’s Health Center, Seaford, DE 1/2/17-1/27/17
Intensive Care Unit: Martinsburg VA Medical Center, Martinsburg, WV 1/30/17-2/22/17
Surgery: Martinsburg VA Medical Center, Martinsburg, WV 2/27/17-3/24/17
Cardiology: Martinsburg VA Medical Center, Martinsburg, WV 3/27/15-4/19/17
Dermatology: Richmond Dermatology and Laser Specialists, Richmond, VA 5/1/17-5/26/17
Primary Care: Martinsburg VA Medical Center, Martinsburg, WV 5/29/17-6/21/17
Pediatrics: OhioHealth Marion Area Physicians, Marion, OH 6/26/17-7/21/17
Additional Clinical Experience:
ATI Physical Therapy, Seaford, DE, July 2014-May 2015
- Valuable direct patient care experience as a rehabilitation technician before entering physician assistant school.
- Assisted in patient care, clerical duties, and general clinic upkeep under the supervision of a physical therapist.
- Provided patient education and helped maintain efficient patient flow in a fast-paced clinical environment.
Certification by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants
Maryland Board of Physicians
State of Delaware Board of Medical Licensure
North Carolina Medical Board
Basic Life Support (BLS), August 2018-August 2020
Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), August 2018-August 2020
Volunteer and Community Service
Alpha Phi Omega Omicron Phi, Richmond, VA, October 2011-May 2014
- Community outreach through various avenues including weekly dog walking at B.A.R.K. animal shelter, weekly nursing home visits, and numerous fundraisers benefiting multiple local organizations.
American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA), 2015-Present
Basic Skills: Incision and drainage of wounds, single and double handed knot tying, peripheral IV placement, Foley catheter and in-and-out catheter placement, chest tubes, intraarticular injections, routine blood draws, NG tube placement, suturing (interrupted, running, vertical/horizontal mattress, subcuticular), laboratory interpretation (CBC, CMP, UA, peripheral blood smears), imaging interpretation (x-ray, CT scan), casting, splinting, fracture reductions, toe nail removal, digital blocks.
Computer: Experienced with EPIC EMR, CPRS, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, as well as Data Analysis